Reflecting On The Third Quarter Of This Weekday Blogging Challenge
Contributing To My Next Project
Writing Something Different
Have I Stumbled Across Any Tipping Points?
The slow and steady growth continues in this blogging challenge with October accruing the largest amount of organic traffic thus far (See graphic above). The increased traffic from the search engines has continued since I launched this blogging challenge, and it is encouraging to watch it grow.
Currently, search traffic makes up a third of visitors to the website so I plan to continue fueling other channels as well. To help keep my social media sharing of evergreen articles active, I've begun experimenting with recurpost. It'll share an article in perpetuity automatically until I tell it to stop. With a large library of great content, I'm excited to see how this keeps my content alive and active. I've been using Buffer to schedule sharing of blog posts, but their tool requires I schedule every time I want to reshare.
Going forward, I'll use Buffer to share new content and recurpost to reshare in an ongoing basis.
A Blogging Pivot
A Larger Goal To Target
How Much Time I've Spent Blogging These Three Months
- August = 33 hours
- September = 40 hours
- October = 43 hours
- Total = 116 hours over three months
Unexpectedly, my volume of time has consistently gone up each month. I didn't expect to see that trend. I expected a higher number of hours in August and the least amount in October. Interesting.
Also, if I were paying myself an hourly rate of ninety dollars per hour (or working extra on client projects instead), it would have totaled over ten thousand dollars. This is interesting to reflect on. The question that comes to my mind is, have I planted seeds that will grow a harvest beyond ten-thousand dollars with these sixty-six blog posts? Or, has the process been worth it regardless of any future success? These are questions for me to ponder further.
If I translate this data into my new proposed habit for 2018, I'll get a picture of what it will take to accomplish my goals. On average, I've spent thirty-nine hours per month blogging. Breaking this down, I've spent an average of 105 minutes writing and publishing each blog post. At this rate, if I pull back to three blog posts per week, I'm looking at about twenty-two hours per month to sustain this blogging habit. This would require I spend one hour each weekday writing and publishing posts.
I think this is realistic to accomplish. With one last month of blogging weekdays, I'll have a better grasp if I this new approach will realistically work for me.
A List Of My October Blog Posts
- Where Does Weekday Blogging Take Me In The Month Of October?
- The Ultimate Guide For Building Awesome Joomla Websites
- What Are The Benefits For Marketers Using Quora?
- As I Swam Towards The Door - The Cellar Journey Part 5
- Why I Improved & Reordered More Business Cards
- Three Simple Ways To Grow & Sustain A Healthy Network
- Resting At The Inn
- The Master List Of My Podcast Subscriptions
- Social Media Taboo: How To Embrace Your Voice & Keep It Professional
- What Entrepreneurs Can Learn From The Firing Of Star Wars Director Colin Trevorrow
- The Four Stages Of Freelancing [Freelancers' Show Podcast]
- My Technical Process For Publishing Each Joomla Blog Post
- Establishing A Lifelong Cadence Of Personal Development
- The Reason I Share Articles, Podcasts & Videos
- Don't Join Or Ignore Harassment, Stand Up Against It!
- Enjoy Free Food & Entertainment During The Month Of Your Birthday
- How To Become A Movie Extra On A Feature Film Or TV Show
- What Are The Five Stages Of Every Organization?
- Cooperation Is Possible - Even In The Most Divisive Situations
- Do You Know What You Believe & Why?
- Created on .
- Last updated on .