10 Simple Actions Freelancers Need To Do When Income Dries Up
As a freelancer, there are times when we need to generate income immediately. In red alert mode, we need to move quickly to get paying gigs. Ideally, we discover what to do in red alert mode before it happens, but for those of you who are in this zone now, here are ten actions to help you move forward and suppress the panic.
- Since God knows and is in control, anchor yourself by praying for direction.
- Meet with 10-12 people per week, ranging from good friends to people you hardly know and ask for advice.
- Call past clients and leads to discover if they have any needs you can help with.
- Reach out to people who have referred work your way in the past and let them know your situation and how they can help.
- Keep your inner circle updated on your situation and how they can help you overcome it. Be specific about what you need.
- Attend 2-3 networking events where you can meet numerous people in a short period of time.
- Get exposed online by sharing articles, content, and ideas on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
- Blog daily and share links to your blogs with your network. (If you don't have a site signup for a free account on Medium or Wordpress)
- Offer to write a blog for those in your network who have platforms and an audience.
- Slow the bleeding by taking odd jobs, research study groups, or becoming an extra in a feature film.