How To Thrive In CORONAVIRUS CRISIS Complexity — Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps Discussion
It's a crazy phenomenon--the more complex the world is, the more likely we are to be mindtrapped. And wow the world is so complex right now! I think we have to try and get these ideas out to all--with deep understanding and compassion and not blame. We're all in this together— JenniferGarveyBerger (@jgberger) May 8, 2020
This previous effort infused with the current crisis inspired me to bring this book exploration process off the page and into your eyes and ears for topics that could help us better navigate the pandemic and its consequences.
Book Discussion Overview
In this first book discussion, we explore Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps: How To Thrive In Complexity by Jennifer Garvey Berger. You can explore my past book commentary here.
The book explores five quirks that in complexity trap us. The five mind traps are as follows.
Trapped by Simple Stories: Your Desire for a Simple Story Blinds You to a Real One
Trapped by Rightness: Just Because It Feels Right Doesn't Mean It Is Right
- Trapped by Agreement: Longing for Alignment Robs You of Good Ideas
- Trapped by Control: Trying to Take Charge Strips You of Influence
- Trapped by EGO: Shackled to Who You Are Now, You Can't Reach for Who You'll Be Next
Contextualizing The Conversation To The Current Health & Economic Crisis
We don't just talk about the Mindtraps, we also contextualize how they specifically apply to the current coronavirus crisis we've all been thrust into without much warning. The pandemic has taken what was already a complex world and thrown additional layers of complications on top.
When you look around confused and unsure (or sure in the wrong direction), you might be wondering how to effectively navigate the roller coaster. This book and our discussion aim to give you ideas and examples to traverse the situation as wisely as possible. And perhaps, it is the ladder we discuss at the end which will give you a roadmap for the best way forward.
Explore This Book's Concepts Further
- Buy Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps on Amazon (affiliate link)
- My Book Commentary: An Exploration & Commentary on Unlocking Leadership Mindtraps by Jennifer Garvey Berger
- Read articles from Jennifer Garvey Berger and the staff at her Leadership development organization about how to wisely respond to the crisis.
Listen To This Discussion
Watch This Discussion
- Created on .
- Last updated on .