How accurately are you projecting your business to the world? Better or worse than you really are? Accurately?
I’m now a 2018 Top Writer for Quora. I didn’t see that coming, but I suspect this award came as the result of a series of recent and unexpected successes on Quora after writing five Star Wars answers.
Since the birth of Christianity, followers of Jesus have been gathering in groups to share life (what we now call church). Since I was born, I’ve been attending and involved in Christ-centered churches, but it wasn’t until we ventured off to Atlanta Georgia on our own after getting married that we had to take ownership of this community engagement.
Since we moved to Atlanta Georgia in 2005, we’ve done life with four different church communities and how we ended up at each was the result of distinctly different paths (although I believe all were providentially influenced). One was a family referral, another was nearby, one was divinely guided, and the most recent was intentionally selected.
Here's the story of all four paths, my way of shedding light and insight to help and inspire you in your own journey to find a local church community.
Skip the following introduction and visit my Skillshare class (4 Powerful Ways Companies & Freelancers Work Well Together) by clicking here.
As part of launching my first book, Path of the Freelancer, I also spoke at several events. One of them was at the Atlanta Hubspot User Group (HUG) on the topic of companies and freelancers working well together. It ended up as a terrific talk with many great questions (and a new consulting client).
If you sell a product, it doesn't take much work to master the context surrounding it. If you do it, especially when hardly anyone else does, you'll delight and win loyal customers. Let me share an example of how poorly tea drinkers in America are neglected.
Do you really know what it feels like to be a slave to the lender?
When we borrow money, there’s not just a financial cost but also an unexpected emotion interest payment that goes along with it. And boy do I wish I could have felt what this pressure was like before I applied for my student loans.
My Brief List of March 2018 Goals
- Finish populating my next book with prewritten content.
- Move forward with an orderly home initiative in light of the new incoming child.
- Improve my services and Joomla web design pages.
- Knock out several small house maintenance projects.
Two months down, ten to go. So far, I’m making progress on both my annual and monthly goals but with the expectation of child number five, this fall with some unexpected events will require adjustments going forward.
Let’s start this monthly reflection point by sharing the lessons I’ve learned.
No matter how well organized and self-directed your organization (or project) may be, it truly does require a strong vision-centric leader to move it forward. If you thought you could launch something and have it lead itself, I'm sorry to say that type of business is quite rare (if not impossible).
Hopefully, you recognize this and take the time to intentionally decide what happens next with your organization or side project that currently hangs in the balance of your decision.
Let's start with a question. Does it make more sense to change and continue or to stop and shut down?
As you think through how to answer that question, let me share several stories of when I've ended or pivoted along a journey to inspire you towards your most appropriate next step.
Since May 2017, I've been using Harpoon* to manage my invoices (automatic payment reminders), track my expenses, and project my future expected income (with dashboard charts). It wasn't until after I wrote Path of the Freelancer that I found this wonderful tool, and when I did it seemed like they created the app from the what I wrote! We were aligned with our philosophies when it came to managing income and invoices as a freelancer.
More Articles ...
- You're A Freelancer Who Lost Several Clients At Once. Now What?
- The Top Challenges 28-55 Year-Old Self-Employed Married Fathers Face
- How Google Responds To Blogging Breaks & Subsequent Publishing
- How My Most Googled Blog Post Unexpectedly Happened
- Doing This One Thing With Catfish Will Change Your Life For The Better
- Video: My Hot Sauce Eating Escalation Reaches THE END
- How To Re-engage Those Dormant Contacts Before Your Hubspot Renewal
- It's Official. We're Expecting Our Fifth Child This Fall!
- My Goals as I Look Forward to the End of February 2018
- Lessons Learned Looking Back at the Month of January 2018
- Use This Marketing Step To Qualify & Prioritize Volumes Of Incoming Leads