I guess this is the week of Quora for me :-)
I've written 32,000 words for the restructured (2nd) draft of Path Of The Freelancer. I've also completed the concept for six of the ten planned infographics. With this amount of progress made on the project so far, I thought it'd be an appropriate time to launch the Facebook page. My intent is to share the journey of writing this book as a way to build the audience and community around it. This will hopefully create a great foundation to launch the book when the time comes.
If you know someone who is freelancing or is considering becoming one, please share the Facebook page with them.
As a freelancer, there are times when we need to generate income immediately. In red alert mode, we need to move quickly to get paying gigs. Ideally, we discover what to do in red alert mode before it happens, but for those of you who are in this zone now, here are ten actions to help you move forward and suppress the panic.
- Since God knows and is in control, anchor yourself by praying for direction.
- Meet with 10-12 people per week, ranging from good friends to people you hardly know, and ask for advice.
- Call past clients and leads to discover if they have any needs you can help with.
- Reach out to people who have referred work your way in the past and let them know your situation and how they can help.
- Keep your inner circle updated on your situation and how they can help you overcome it. Be specific with what you need.
- Attend 2-3 networking events where you can meet numerous people in a short period of time.
- Get exposed on-line by sharing articles, content and ideas on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Blog daily and share links to your blogs with your network. (If you don't have a site signup for a free account on Medium or Wordpress)
- Offer to write a blog for those in your network who have platforms and an audience.
- Slow the bleeding by taking odd jobs, research study groups, or becoming an extra in a feature film.