The third decade of my life has passed and as I enter into a new season of life, I have found value in reflecting on the last 10 years of my journey. The last decade has included; getting married, moving across the country, finishing college, trying to make a movie, launching a political news site and running a marketing company. By the way, this was just how my wife and I started our 10 years.
What does it mean to be intentional?
When we have intent, we are making a choice. But, what are the many little choices we are making as part of the larger one?
As I reflected on my behavior and the behavior of those around me, a pattern emerged. Various ingredients caused certain activities while missing ingredients had different effects.
Here is the discovered concept.
“I can’t promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.” – Lt. Colonel Hal Moore
When I think about “Leading from the trenches”, this statement from the film, “We Were Soldiers” resonates. Leading from the trenches is a statement symbolizing us not only helping to direct, but to state, we are in the battlefield with those we lead. From my experience, it is when I stayed connected on the front lines in business that I was most successful. When I distanced myself from what was happening on the front lines, I had the most problematic situations in my life and business.
As business owners it is easy for us to live in a bubble of our choosing. In our attempt to escape or conquer reality, we create a delusional world where the rules are as we make them. If you have worked for a business owner, you likely know what I mean. Over time, the way we entrepreneurs see the world becomes different from how it is.
Dugout - Presents Technology In Perspective - A fresh look at how business leaders and fathers can provide a safe, empowering technology experience.
Saturday, December 6th 8-10am.
12 Stone Hamilton Mill Campus - 2109 Teron Trace - Dacula, GA 30019
Panelists: Toby Bloomberg, Danny Davis & Craig Haynie
Origin Of This Action Management System
How Do You Respond To Adversity?
Content Created Around The Web
- Latest Post as a Resident Writer of BEALEADER - Leading On Business: Can You Still Be Kind To Others And Succeed?
- Guest Post For BrainLeaf - Marketing Is A Reflection: What Are You Reflecting?
- Latest Hub On Hubpages - How To Make A Successful Movie
Top 3 Links
If you are only able to check out 3 pieces of content this month, let it be these three...
- Video: 10 Undisputed Facts about Jesus, Even by Skeptics...
- Short Film: Legend Of The Flying Tomato (Short Film About Being True To Yourself)
- Blog Post By Seth Godin, Burning Bridges
My latest blog post is a guest post for BrainLeaf, and I was connected to Brain Leaf through my friend Jason Long, the founder. BrainLeaf helps web and app developers quickly scope and price their projects.
More Articles ...
- Do You Need A Joomla Expert?
- October 6th: Question of the Month
- Are you seeking a great leader?
- The Top 3 Posts In The Last 3 Months
- Life Update - The End of My 20's Draws Near
- Leading On Business: Can You Still Be Kind To Others And Succeed? [For BEALEADER]
- What Problem Does Your Business Need Help Solving?
- How To Set Up An Independent Movie For Success
- Catch and Release or Catch and Keep? How Letting Go Can Bring Us Together.
- September 10th: Content Roundup
- How Learning To Delegate Can Transform Our Businesses [For BEALEADER]