Have you ever heard of Joomla, the open-source content management system (CMS)? Introduced by a friend when this tool was in its infancy, this became our go-to resources for websites when I owned and operated my marketing company. Joomla drives my personal website and blog, as well as Path Of The Freelancer. I also drive most of my website design clients to build their website on Joomla.
This guide originally started as a response to a Facebook question on my wall. "Can you suggest any resources for a Joomla beginner?" As I shared my Joomla work on Facebook, other questions and comments came up about the CMS and this quickly grew.
This page is designed to help those curious about Joomla on how to maximize their experience. Here's what you can expect as you read this ultimate Joomla guide.
- An Introduction To Joomla
- Why Use Joomla (Instead of Wordpress)
- Website Hosting
- Designing Joomla Websites
- Joomla Extensions
- Image Repositories
- My Process For Building Semi-Custom Joomla Websites
Many go into business with the intent to succeed, but few endure long enough to arrive at sustainable flourishing. In a previous blog post and the Path Of The Freelancer book, I dive into the Formula for Intentionality as the foundation for building a business that lasts. As you see in the graphic above, this foundation is firmly rooted in knowing our purpose, vision, mission and core values. In this post, we'll explore these concepts.
Let's Get At It!
Blogging is a powerful tool and one everyone has easy access to participate. In fact, it's the one thing I wish I would have started over a decade ago. I've put together a quick reference list below to help you in your blogging journey. It includes tips for ideation, titling, and content.
More Articles ...
- Don't Just Prepare For Crisis, Prepare For Opportunity
- The Story Of My Life (In A Nutshell)
- How I Leverage The "Focus Metric" To Move My Business Forward
- Are You Ready To Face Your Greatest Fears Head On?
- This One (Additional) Ingredient Helps Finish Your Blog Well
- When We've Got The Details Right, But We've Missed The Big Picture
- Why We Went Into Debt To Purchase A 2017 Kia Sedona
- What Is The Twenty Mile March That Will Move You Forward?
- How to Move Forward When Your Company Lacks Clear Vision [For Startup Nation]
- The World Ain't All Sunshine & Rainbows ft. Rocky Balboa
- The Value Of Organically Growing Our Business
- Let's Work Together